BenRyan

bit's 'n Bobs

Dark Side of Sunset Pointe - A Lance Underphal Mystery - Michael Allan Scott Who in this book would you most like to meet? What would you ask—or say? Okay, this will be a list, since I cannot decide on one character: Sonja, Lacey, Salmon, Lance, Mrs. Rodriguez, Gary Whiting (really just want to know if he is an idiot). If I really could only meet one it would be Sonja. The woman is dead. Her memory is what keeps Lance going. It is a security blanket for him. Something that he will always have and keep close.

If you could insert yourself as a character in the book, what role would you play? There are a lot of characters in this book. I personally do not feel there should be any more. I could see some people might want to take on Sonja’s character. To this reader, nothing needs changing.

Is the plot well-developed? Do you feel manipulated along the way, or do plot events unfold naturally, organically?

I personally could not find anything wrong with the plot. Everything felt natural. All character responses and actions seemed/felt like something anyone does/say in real life.

Is the story plot or character driven? In other words, do events unfold quickly?

This is a hard one. They each seem equal. I do not feel the plot overrides the characters or that the characters overrides the plot. With reading the book everything feels natural.

Consider the ending. Did you expect it or were you surprised?

The ending was perfect. Everything was wrapped up and felt like justice was served.